What's Happening in Aberdeen Township?
Saturday, September 23rd: Opioid Use in Our Community
Let’s Talk About It
Presentation Time: 12:30, Matawan-Aberdeen High School
A community-school collaborative for family health
Join us at Aberdeen Day
for a short presentation and frank discussion of drug use in our community.
• Speaker Tonia Ahern, Parent Advocate, Parent to Parent & NJ Connect for Recovery
• Free raffle—prizes donated by Boscov’s
• First 50 adult attendees get a free boxed lunch!
Join us at our tent at Matawan-Aberdeen Regional High School!
For More Information link:
Saturday, September 23rd: Aberdeen Day Fishing Contest
Veterans Memorial Park Beach: 8:00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
- The contest is FREE to all. You must be registered before starting to fish to win.
Free contest registration takes place on the beach at the Fisherman's parking lot.
- You must provide your own equipment, bait and tackle.
- All State and Federal fishing regulations apply
- New Jersey now - REQUIRES - Saltwater Registration for everyone 16 years of age and older. There is no charge for this. Please register on the state website:
- Eligible species: Any Fin Fish - except: eels, skates, rays & bunker
- Fish must be taken by hook & line. Bait or artificial lures are OK
- Where: Fishing is permitted on Cliffwood Beach from west end of the sea wall to the mouth of Whale Creek. The use of boats, rafts, kayaks, etc. is prohibited.
- The Largest fish, determined by LENGTH, from the nose to the tail, will be the winner.In case of a tie, the first fish brought to the official measuring station wins. (NJDEP measuring standards apply)
- Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for youth (under 12), teens (13 - 18) and adults.
- All coolers brought on the beach are subject to inspection.
The contest CLOSES 11:00 AM. Do NOT wait to measure your catch.
Any fish not at the measuring station by 11:00 AM will not be eligible.
Keep the Beach Clean. If you carry it in, carry it out.
Contest Entry Document
Saturday, September 23rd:
Town Wide ABERDEEN DAY
Carnival – Guisti Field, FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22-24.
Veterans Memorial Park Beach: Fishing Contest.Cambridge Park Pre-School: (Aberdeen-Matawan Train Station) 5k Run/Walk for Owen. Cross of Glory Lutheran Church: Yard Sale - Bake Sale & Snack Shack - BBQ.Stop & Shop Shopping Center: (RT-34) Demarco's - free food & Various Entertainment. Stop & Shop - Customer Appreciation Day. Woof Gang - Dog Adoptions, Various Promotions .Matawan Regional High School: Classic Car Show. Petting Zoo.Providence Baptist Church Choir. Music from The Band Junction 13 also The Band Painted Young. Touch of Dance. Aberdeen Town Square: Livoti’s Old Town Market – Free Food & Games.Hobby Shop Sidewalk Sale –Various Promotions. European Wax Center – Various Promotions.Sigismondi Community Center:( Cliffwood Beach) Emotion in Motion Dancers. Appearance and Autograph Signing by: NY Giants Leonard Marshall and
NY Jets Jeremy Kerley.
2017 Aberdeen Day Sponsors
NorthEast Spine & Sports Medicine
Hand & Stone
Saker ShopRites, Inc.
European Wax Center
Bayshore Medical Center
Children of America
Fairview Insurance Agency Associates, Inc.
The Township of Aberdeen would like to thank all
of the 2017 Aberdeen Day Sponsors and supporters!
For More Information - Schedule and Times of Events Link:
Thursday, October 5th:
Flu Vaccine Clinic
The Flu Vaccine Clinic is available for anyone over 6 months old at the Aberdeen Municipal Building Court Room, 1 Aberdeen Square. The hours are from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 5, 2017. The vaccine cost is FREE WITH MEDICARE PART AB.
If you do not have that insurance, the cost for the vaccine is $25.00 check or cash is accepted. Checks can be made payable to Monmouth County Health.
Any Questions Call the Health Department at 732-583-4200 Ext. 129
Friday, September 1st:
NJ Natural Gas Meter Changing
Starting tomorrow, Sept 1, 2017, NJNG will be in the area for the next month or two (at least) to replace gas meters in all township homes. They are contracted out by Precision Pipeline Solutions. They are contracted to work from 7am-11pm. They will be walking in peoples yards as well as knocking on doors. All contracted workers will have id's on them displayed, as well as uniforms and labeled truck/vans that say Precision Pipeline Solutions. A flyer was/will be put on doors of residents and at least 3 attempts will be made to speak to resident. Contact info for the supervisor is up in dispatch.
ATTENTION RESIDENTS: Please do not place your recyclables in plastic bags, if you do this, they will not be picked up. Recyclables should only be placed in a garbage can.
Want to know what should be recycled and what should not? Click here to download the flyer.
Don't forget that Aberdeen Township has a "No Knock" Ordinance!!! To read more information, please click here.
Aberdeen Day Vendor Application
Jolly Mouse Vendor Application
About Monmouth County's New Special Needs Registry
Monmouth County Special Needs Registry
CALL BEFORE YOU DIG