Ken Marr, Jr.
Code Enforcement Officer
"Our mission is to attain
compliance with Aberdeen codes regarding land use regulations and the
maintenance of homes and premises through education, cooperation, enforcement
and abatement to achieve a cleaner, healthier and safer Aberdeen."
In an effort to keep Aberdeen clean, healthy and aesthetically pleasing to all residents and visitors, Code Enforcement is tasked with the responsibility of ensuring compliance of all Aberdeen Township revised general ordinances, property maintenance codes, county and state laws and regulations.
Code Enforcement also strives to promote a higher quality of life by promoting awareness and compliance with township codes in order to stabilize and reverse the deterioration of neighborhoods and business districts. Citizens are encouraged to foster a strong sense of civic pride and voluntarily comply with township ordinances. Those failing to maintain their properties in compliance with township codes pose a risk of a violation and fine.
Code Enforcement deals with many different types of code violations. The most common violations are listed below.
- High Grass and Weeds higher than ten (10) inches. Tree Trimming, Clear shrubs, limbs and branches from public right-of-way at least eighty (80) inches over sidewalks and fourteen (14) feet over roadways.
- Inoperable and abandoned motor vehicles for more than seven (7) days.
- Trash and Debris, homeowners and tenants are responsible for maintaining all property grounds free of junk, trash and debris. This includes the storage of any furniture not intended for outdoor use, appliances, tires of similar items.
- Sidewalks maintained free of all potential tripping hazards. Raised edges, large cracks and other deficiencies.
- Water that is collected from roof drains, sump pumps, pools and other potential hazardous collecting devices that would be a health concern.
- Township trash and recycling issues and schedules.
- Signs within the business district and residential.
- Snow removal within twenty four (24) hours of the cessation of the storm
- Continued Certificate of Occupancy in accordance with the Township Ordinance.
- Vacant and abandoned properties, houses.
Grass - Cut It & Leave It
Inoperable & Abandoned Motor Vehicles
Mosquito Habitat Checklist
Signage Ordinance & Permit Application
Grease Interceptor Annual Fee and Inspection
Report a Code Complaint: