The Assessor’s office provides the information necessary to ensure an accurate valuation of properties and equitable distribution of the real estate tax levy, so that all taxpayers pay their fair share of the obligations of the schools, the county and the municipality.
It is the assessor’s duty to continually process all changes in the status of a property, thereby ensuring that taxes are levied proportionally to al property owners.
- New Jersey Local Property Tax Forms - (Available on the NJ Taxation Web Site)
- Added/Omitted Petition of Appeal
- Property Tax Deduction Claim by Veteran or Surviving Spouse
- Claim for Real Property Tax Deduction on Dwelling House of Qualified NJ Resident Senior Citizen, Disabled Person, or Surviving Spouse
- Application for Real Property Tax Abatement for Residential Property in Urban Enterprise Zone
(All the above forms are also available on the Monmouth County and/or State Websites as well as additional forms)
RESIDENTIAL TAX EXEMPTION PROGRAM
On behalf of the Town Council, I want to inform you of a NEW exciting 5 year TAX EXEMPTION program. This program will give you the following incentives
1. To construct new a residential single dwelling—exemption is 30% of the additional new tax assessment.
To construct an addition—exemption is $25,000 of the additional new tax assessment
New taxable Improvements to your home—exemption is $25,000 of the additional new tax
Property must be at least 20 years or older.
Property must be located within the Revitalization Zone. See attached map
Residents may obtain forms to apply for Tax Exemption at:
If you are interested in these programs or have questions regarding the qualifications, please contact Mr. Scott Kineavy, Tax Assessor 732-583-4200 Ext. 122 for additional information.
Important State Phone Numbers
|Automated Tax Info
|NJ Tax Fax
|Local Property Tax
|Public Utility Tax
Phone: (732) 583-4200 ext. 122
Fax: (732) 290-3171
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays: 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Thursdays: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Phone: (732) 583-4200 ext. 177
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.