The Township of Aberdeen Council will hold a Capital Budget Workshop with the Township Manager and Department Heads on Thursday, February 13, 2020.  Formal action will not be taken.

Place:   Township of Aberdeen

            Manager’s Conference Room

            One Aberdeen Square

            Aberdeen, NJ  07747

Time:   7:30 p.m.

Meeting is open to the public and residents are invited.


                                                                               Karen Ventura, RMC/CMC

                                                                                    Municipal Clerk

            Registrar of Vital Statistics


              The Registrar of Vital Statistics is charged with recording, maintaining, and making available all records of birth, marriage, Civil Unions and deaths occurring in the Township of Aberdeen. Copies of the Birth, Death, Marriage or Civil Union records may be obtained from the Registrar's Office if they occurred in the Township of Aberdeen.


            For the application to receive certified copies of records such as, birth, marriage, civil unions and deaths please click here.

            How To Apply For A Marriage/Civil Union License In Aberdeen Township

            Who Should Apply In Aberdeen Township:

            One party must be Aberdeen Township resident.

            If neither applicant is a New Jersey resident, you must apply for the license in the municipality where the marriage/civil union ceremony will be performed, the license is only valid in the issuing municipality.

            Where To Apply:

            Aberdeen Township Vital Statistics Office Please call to schedule an appointment (732-583-4200) Hours Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

            Required Documents When Applying For A Marriage/civil Union License:

            1. Proof of identity by presenting your driver's license, passport or state/federal I.D.
            2. Proof of your residency.
            3. Your social security card or social security number. (Social Security number is required by law for US citizens and will be kept confidential.)
            4. A witness, 18 years of age or older.
            5. The $28 application fee.

            ***Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation***

            Requested Additional Documents

            (These documents are helpful but not required):

            1. A copy of your birth certificate to establish your parents' names and related birth information.
            2. If you are divorced, have had a previous civil union dissolved, domestic partnership terminated or have had a civil union annulled, please bring the decree(s) or the civil annulment documents.
            3. If your former spouse/civil union or domestic partner is deceased, please bring the death certificate.

            Information The Applicants Will Be Asked:

            1. Parents' birth places.
            2. Mother's maiden name.
            3. name and address of person officiating.
            4. Date and place of marriage/civil union.

            When To Come In And Waiting Period After Filling Out Of Application:

            Recommendation is to come in at least two weeks before ceremony.

            There is a mandated 72 hour waiting period from time of application.

            ***Remember we are closed on weekends***


            Contact Vital Statistics for specific information at 732-583-4200

            Filing Of Marriage/Civil Union License:

            Marriage/civil union license will be recorded in the town where the marriage/civil union took place.

            Certified Copy Of Marriage/Civil Union Certificate:

            Certified copies can be obtained from the town where the marriage/civil union took place.

            If there are any other questions that you need answered, please call Vital Statistics at 732-583-4200 ext. 101

            Contact Information

            Maxine Rescorl

            Karen Ventura
            Deputy Registrar

            Applications & Forms

            Vital Records Application

            Copyright © 2020 The Township of Aberdeen, New Jersey. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Powered By QScend Technologies, Inc.