Township Latest News
9/13/2018 - Class III Special Police Officer 2018-19 School Year
The Aberdeen Police Department is now accepting resumes for the position of Class III Special Police Officer for the 2018-19 school year. The Class III Special Police Officer, under the direction of the Chief of Police, will be assigned to various schools within the Township of Aberdeen, where they will perform school safety and security details. Prospective applicants should be advised that these positions are pending approval of a Board of Education ballot question to be voted on November 6, 2018.
Prospective SLEO III applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be a retired police officer, less than 65 years of age, who has previously served as a duly qualified, fully trained full-time police officer in any municipality or county in N.J. or as a member of the New Jersey State Police, and was separated from that prior service in good standing within five years of appointment to this position. If appointed after July 1st 2018, the applicant can only be separated from previous employment within three years.
2. Must provide a letter of good standing issued by the Chief of Police listing the date and type of retirement.
3. Must be a resident of N.J. and possess a valid N.J. driver’s license by date of appointment.
4. Must be of good moral character and must not have been convicted of any offense involving dishonesty or which would make the applicant unfit to perform his or her duties.
5. Must possess a NJ PTC ‘Basic Police Officer Certification’ or a New Jersey State Police Academy certification.
6. Must possess a high school diploma, or its equivalent, and be able to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently.
7. Must be physically capable of passing firearms qualifications as mandated by the N.J. Attorney General Guidelines.
Any applicants offered a conditional offer of employment would be required to pass a medical exam, psychological evaluation, and drug screening.
See criteria established by N.J.S.A. 40A:14-146.10
Applicants must submit a resume to be considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted by email sent to Lt. Matthew Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions can be directed to Lt. Matthew Lloyd at 732-583-4200 ext. 222.