- Boards & Committees
- Environmental & Shade Tree Advisory Board
Environmental & Shade Tree Advisory Board
Click Here to Follow The Environmental Advisory Board on Facebook!
This board consists of 5 members, 2 alternates, as well as 2 non-voting advisory positions open to Matawan-Aberdeen Regional High School students.
- Paul Rinear (Chair)
- Lee Samaha
- Kizzie Osbourne
- Tina Walling
- Suz Vreeland
- Steven Nascimento
- Andrew Schueller
- Mehr Kotval
- Amanda Serpi
The Board's purpose is to provide guidance and information to the Township Council on matters involving environmental issues affecting township residents.
Meetings of the Environmental & Shade Tree Advisory Board take place on the 1st Monday of each month at 8:00pm with exceptions for holidays, weather etc. Meetings have been done on Zoom during the COVID pandemic. Please see our Website Calendar for meeting information. Anyone can participate.
The Environmental and Shade Tree Advisory Board:
- Maintains a Natural Resource Inventory of Township resources
- Makes recommendations to the Planning Board and Township Manager regarding the health and extent of Township tree canopy
- Advises the Council of any findings and offers recommendations regarding pollution in the Township
- Regularly reviews the Township reclamation-recycling program and advises the Council of its findings and offers recommendations
- Provides comments to the Planning Board regarding the environmental impact of proposed projects and developments within the Township
- Advises the council of ways to improve the quality of the physical environment within the Township
- Provides information to Township residents regarding the environment and means of protecting it
- March 26th - Save Coastal Wildlife Cleanup of River Gardens Park, 9 AM - 346 Riverdale Drive, Cliffwood NJ 07721
- April 9th- Clean Ocean Action Beach Sweep - Cliffwood Beach - 9am to 12PM. Fisherman's Lot - Cliffwood Beach
- April 9th - Save Coastal Wildlife Osprey Platform Installation, 9am DPW Composting Site - Beach Drive
- April 28th- Grade 3 Trees -
- April 29th - Arbor Day
- April 30- Tree Seedling Giveaway
VOLUNTEERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AND NEEDED!